Beaver Scouts (6-8)
The Beaver Scout Colony is the first section in the Scouting family.
Young people can join Beaver Scouts in the three months leading up to their sixth birthday. They move to the next Section, Cub Scouts, around their 8th birthday.
Easily recognised by their distinctive turquoise sweatshirts Beaver Scouts enjoy making friends, helping others, playing games, experience adventures and going on trips. They even go on short camping trips and sleepovers, as well as taking part in wider Group Events.
The Beaver motto is “Be Prepared” but they can also be known to say “Fun and Friendship”
Beavers @ 2nd Portishead
2nd Portishead Scout Group currently run three Beaver Colonies on a Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday evening, although we do also hold some of our meetings outdoors at other locations, especially during the Summer.
Blackfoot Beaver Colony – Monday
Our Monday Beaver Colony runs between 17:00 to 18:00 at our HQ.
- Natalie Jones (Meeko) – Beaver Scout Leader
- Angie Sparrow (Kele) – Section Assistant
- Tracey Denning (Tsyia) – Section Assistant
- Karen Drew – Section Assistant
- Jonny – Young Leader
Apache Beaver Colony – Tuesday
Our Tuesday Beaver Colony runs between 17:30 to 18:30 at our HQ.
- Chris Gwynne (Chayton) – Beaver Scout Leader
- Jude Woodcock (Tala) – Beaver Assistant Scout Leader
- Rachel Trueman-Squire (Migisi) – Beaver Assistant Scout Leader
- Tracey Milner (Dyani) – Beaver Assistant Scout Leader
- Thomas (Koi) – Young Leader
Navaho Beaver Colony – Wednesday
Our Wednesday Beaver Colony runs between 17:30 to 18:30 at our HQ.
- Emma Powell (Capa) – Beaver Scout Leader
- Matt Wainwright – Beaver Scout Leader
- Karen Haynes (Yona) – Beaver Assistant Scout Leader
- Andy Seers (Shale) – Beaver Assistant Scout Leader
- Meg (Koko) – Young Leader
- Sid (Tacho) – Young Leader
- Ben (Mato) – Young Leader