Cub Scouts (8-10.5)
Cub Scouts are young people usually aged between eight years and ten and a half years old, they belong to the second Section in the Scouting family.
There are loads of fun things that you can do as a Cub Scout. You will get a chance to try lots of different activities like swimming, music, exploring, computing and climbing.
Badges can be gained by taking part in activities at Cubs and elsewhere.
Cub Scouts also get to go on trips and days out, along with camps both local and further afield
2nd Portishead Cubs also enjoy District & County events and these in the past have included camps, cooking competitions and activity days.
Cubs @ 2nd Portishead
2nd Portishead has three Cub Packs, which meet at our HQ on a Monday and Thursday evening, although we do also hold some of our meetings outdoors at other locations, especially during the Summer.
For more information, or to join Cubs, please visit the “contact” page.
Grey Owl Pack – Monday
Our Monday Cub Pack runs between 18:30 to 20:15 at our HQ
Grey Owl Team
- Sonia Madders (Baloo) – Cub Scout Leader
- Chris Folkard (Jacala) – Cub Assistant Scout Leader
- Lindsey Clark (Wini) – Cub Assistant Scout Leader
Powhatan Cub Pack – Thursday
Our Thursday Cub Pack runs between 18:30 to 20:15 at our HQ.
- Fiona Bryant (Raksha) – Cub Scout Leader
- Matt Lonsdale (Shere Khan) – Cub Assistant Scout Leader
- Garry Weddell (Tabaqui) – Cub Assistant Scout Leader
- Callum Dinett (Chil) – Cub Assistant Scout Leader
- Helen Francis – Section Assistant
- Oliver (King Louie) – Young Leader
- Ruairidh (Mowgli) – Young Leader
Commanche Cubs – Friday
Our Friday Cub pack runs between 18:30 to 20:15 at our HQ.
- Sonja Gortzak (Hathi) – Cub Assistant Scout Leader
- Claire Wools (Bagheera) – Cub Assistant Scout Leader
- Nial Gwynne (Yuma) – Cub Assistant Scout Leader
- Kathrine – Young Leader
- Jack – Young Leader